Monday, January 4, 2016

Dreams and Obstacles



Monday 01/04/16 20:42 Basement office

Day 4.  Still in the game. 

I like the dream.  I like the idea of crossing a rugged part of Utah by myself.  I like the idea of feeling good about my body again for the first time in over a decade.  I’ve been busy, stressed, and struggling for a long time.  I pray I can stick with it and be motivated for another 301 days this year. 

Going back to work after a few days off is enjoyable when the work van is clean, the office and shop are cleaned up and ready to hit a new week.  That was the case today.  I have a runny nose.  That makes tilting my head forward not so fun, but the day is almost over and I survived another one.  Off to the gym tonight to get the miles in.  Several hundred miles to go to get ready to hike across the Uintas. 

Appliance repair is not a prestigious profession.  I thought I would be a pilot as a teenager.  I got a degree in Animal Science to become a Veterinarian, but didn’t love the medicine enough.  I tried to grow a service business but was unsuccessful.  I want to do something that brings passionate people together.  I have had no inspiration on what is next in my life, so I will just keep pushing forward and see where this ride takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment