Thursday, December 9, 2010

Letter in a Bloggle

On the 14th of December, my wife and I share our 14th trip around the sun; our 14th wedding anniversary. 
That's a grand total of:
14 Years, or
730 weeks, or
5111 Days, or
122664 Hours, or
7,359,840 Minutes, or
441,590,400 Seconds.

14 things I love about you after 14 years of marriage


1. You are a great cuddler. Nothing says “I love you” like spooning through a cold winter night after being together for fourteen years. That never gets old.

2. You are a great mother. You actually want to be home with the kids. Rather than obsessing over a career of some sort, you have taken up driving our kids to charter school and making them lunches every day. You have found ways to volunteer in their classrooms and help them with projects. You make them secure about what is at home for them.

3. You are a great listener. You put up with my interruptions when I want to read you a story or tell you about something absolutely unimportant.  And you have a great laugh.  I want to hear you laugh more.

4. You are fun to hang out with. I work from home, yet I don’t get sick of seeing you around. You are fun to be with, listen to, and talk to.

5. You are a great baker. Home made breads, pies, cakes, muffins. If it rises, you have mastered it. But no, you will not convert me to your false religion of mush and cornbread for breakfast. Some baked goods are better alone, or with honey, or glaze, or icing. Mush doesn’t fall into any of those categories.

6. You are very patient. I am a real pain in the caboose. Yet you still haven’t killed me in my sleep. Don’t think I haven’t expected it on at least a fortnight.  I've thought to myself, "Well, I've really done it this time.  Surely I will meet my Maker, at my wife's hand tonight.  Farewell, Cruel World."  Then I wake up and we make up.  Wink-wink.

7. You make beautiful children.  They all got your big smile and love of cuddles.

8. You aren’t a nagger. You don’t make honey-do lists and chase me around with an irritating voice trying to get me to spend every waking moment doing odd jobs around the house.

9. You are pleasant. That seems like a funny thing to say. But there are so many people out there that aren’t, it sure makes it nice to be around someone who is.

10. You are supportive. Women like to ask, “How do you run your own business? I’d never let my husband do that.” Thanks for letting me prove that it can be done. Through the good and the bad.

11. You have integrity. I’d never believe it if someone said you stole something. Except someone else’s keys. Purely accidental of course.

12. You are kind. You look for ways to help people. Many a meal has been delivered by your hand to someone who is sick.

13. You are smart. You love to read. I am deeply jealous of the books that occupy your attention while laying in bed.

14. You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. This one stems way back. I’m grateful you aren’t afraid to pull a weed, or plant a garden. Now I’ve just gotta get you over your fear of gutting a game bird.

15. Bonus…One for next year.  You are a hotty! You look great in boots, jeans, and jackets, or most other outfits too. Score!

Here's to the next 14 years.  You are the love of my life, and my dearest friend.  Don't tell Cache!

2 comments:

  1. Right back at you babe!
    1. There is NEVER a dull moment with you. Just when you think the waters are calm and you know what to expect, you make your move. Ripples, major ripples.
    2. You never get tired of cuddles. Even in the middle of the night when you sneak into bed at 2 or 3 and I smack your hands away unconciously. It really is unconcious too, I swear. But from what you've said I've got some great defense techniques.
    3. You are a rocking cool dad. It is absolutely amazing how you share you're love of live with the kids. You take them right along on your journey of exciting experiements, projects, and field trips.
    4. You sit in a camping chair in the bathroom to talk to me while I have a bath. That right there speaks VOLUMES!
    5. You keep count. You count how many times I come down the stairs to the fruit room, how many minutes I'll hang out in the garage, how many times I lose my keys, how many seconds I can put up with some annoying repeticious act you do....
    6. I am most recently pleased that you support my new boot phettish.
    7. You are the most conversationalist I know. I love talking with you. It never gets old.
    8. You are patient with my terrible housekeeping skills. Sometimes I'm on top of it all, but most the time I'm buried under the pile. Thanks for not being critical all the time (just seldomly when you trip on a pile of laundry on the way to the potty in the middle of the night) and encouraging me not to give up.
    9. I love how easy it is to make this list.
    10. I love your cute dimples and handsome nose, not to mention those eyes and big shoulders. Man, you are a nice piece of work!
    11. You are a brave, bold risk taker. (sometimes this one is on the other list too, however)
    12. You are a romantic. You make up in this department for what I lack. It's a good thing you have a good imagination.
    13. I love how systematic you are. If I need something I just have to think like you and I find it. (By the way, I found the garage door opener that you hide)
    14. You are ambicious. I you want something done, you find a way to do it. You don't let anything stop you.
    15. Bonus.....
    You'll just have to stick around and see....

    ReplyDelete